for The Positive Dog
1. Snowdon, D. (2001). Aging With Grace: The Nun Study and
the Science of Old Age: How We Can All Live Longer,
Healthier, and More Vital Lives. London, England: Fourth
2. Goleman, D. (2011). Leadership: The Power of Emotional
Intelligence, First Edition. Northampton, MA: More Than
3. Seligman, M. (2006). Learned Optimism: How to Change
Your Mind and Your Life. New York, NY: Vintage.
4. Institute of HeartMath. (2012). "Effective Decision Making
Tools, Stress Relief Tools, Institute of HeartMath (IHM)."
Retrieved 16 Jan. 2012 from: http://www.heartmath.org/
5. Gottman, J. M., and Silver, N. (1999). The Seven Principles
for Making Marriage Work. New York, NY: Crown.
6. Harvey, V. S. (2004). "Resiliency: Strategies for Parents and
Educators." Helping Children at Home and School II:
Handouts for Families and Educators, NASP.
7. Fredrickson, B. (2009). Positivity: Groundbreaking Research
Reveals How to Embrace the Hidden Strength of PositiveEmotions, Overcome Negativity, and Thrive. New York, NY:
8. MindTools.com. (2012). "Positive Thinking, Rational Thinking,
Thought Awareness - Stress Management Training from
MindTools.com." Mind Tools - Management Training,
Leadership Training and Career Training. Retrieved 16
Jan. 2012 from: http://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/
9. Institute of HeartMath. (2012). De-stress, Stress Survey, Wellbeing,
Stress Solutions, Lower Stress, Stress Management
Tools, Institute of HeartMath. Retrieved 16 Jan. 2012 from:
10. Putnam, R. D. (2000). Bowling Alone: The Collapse and
Revival of American Community. New York, NY: Simon &
11. Wood, A. M., Joseph, S., and Linley, P. A. (2007). "Coping
style as a psychological resource of grateful people," Journal
of Social and Clinical Psychology, 26, 1108-1125. Available
gratitude and coping.pdf
12. American Institute of Stress. (2012). "American Institute of
Stress Is Dedicated to Advancing Understanding of Stress in
Health and Illness." Retrieved 16 Jan. 2012 from: http://
13. Rath, T., and Clifton, D. O. (2004). How Full Is Your Bucket?:
Positive Strategies for Work and Life. New York, NY: Gallup.
14. Frederickson, B. L., and Losada, M. F. (2005). "Positive Affect
and the Complex Dynamics of Human Flourishing,"
American Psychologist, Vol 60(7), 678-686.
15. Ngambi, H. C. (2011). "The relationship between leadership
and employee morale in higher education," African Journal
of Business Management, 5:3.
16. Knowledge@Wharton. (2007). "Managing Emotions in the
Workplace: Do Positive and Negative Attitudes Drive Performance?"
Philadelphia, PA: University of Pennsylvania,
The Wharton School Retrieved 16 Jan. 2012 from: http://
17. Cross, R., and Thomas, R. (2011). "Manage Yourself. A
Smarter Way to Network." Harvard Business Review,
18. Cacioppo, J. T., Berntson, G. G., Klein, D. J., and Poehlmann,
K. M. (1997). "Psychophysiology of Emotions Across the
Lifespan." Focus on Emotion, 27-64.
19. Kubzansky, L. (2011). "Positive Feelings Are Good for Your
Heart: Emotion and (Mal) Adaptive Processes Over the Life
Course." Weekly Seminar Series, Harvard School of Public
20. Almeida, D. M., Mroczek, D. K. (2004). "The effect of daily
stress, personality, and age on daily negative effect." Journal
of Personality and Social Psychology: 355-378.
21. WebMD. (2012). "Health Benefits of Good Friends."
WebMD - Better Information. Better Health. Retrieved 16
Jan. 2012 from: http://www.webmd.com/balance/features/